Thursday, May 21, 2009

No More College

This evening I turned in my last paper. I have no more work to do for college. I will never have homework again. This is a weird feeling. I've been going to school since I was five. That is a long time to get used to something and then have it just drop away. Okay, so I like the idea of no homework ever, but no school is what really feels odd. No classes, no assigned readings, no papers. What am I supposed to do now? I'm supposed to go use my degree for something, but what? I have tried applying to jobs. I've had one interview so far and they went with someone else. I might have another interview in the next few days, but if that falls through, what then? All of my life I have been following these guidelines that have been laid out in front of me. Now there are no guidelines. There are no teachers or professors telling me what I should do next. I have to do it all on my own. Am I ready? Right now I'm not so sure. I just hope it will all work itself out some day down the road--a very short road. I am not going to be someone who lives with her parents for a few years after graduating. I will live there for the summer to build up some money so I can find my own place. Then I am off to wherever I feel like it (if I don't have a job I want by then). The only stress now is finding out what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life. No big deal, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment