Sunday, February 21, 2010

He's Just Not That Into You

Inspired. It was an easy read, but it was entertaining, if nothing else. I'm not really a dater. If I meet a guy I like and we start going out, great, but I don't actively seek dates in bars or other social venues. But this book was still interesting to me. It provided fun insight into the world of men, which is a bit confusing to more than just a handful of women that I know. We all know that men and women are different; we just don't see things the same way or act the same way about almost everything. The challenge is differentiating between the bad guys and the good guys. He's Just Not That Into You does a great job of slapping you in the face with reality. It really does what has needed to be done for years! It even helped me realize that my most recent relationship wasn't as happy and perfect as I had thought even before he and I realized we weren't meant to be together. I was in it deeper than he was, and I was too blind to see it. I didn't want to see it, which is our biggest problem. We want every guy we are with to be Mr. Right, and it's tough to see that he's not, especially if we've been dating for a length of time longer than a month. We all assume the guy must love us if he's still around after a year of dating, but the truth is, he's probably just afraid to tell you the truth because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. So, he sticks around and things start to crumble and then you finally decide things aren't where they should be if you're both happy, and you break it off. I recommend this book to men and women alike. For men, it could be a helpful guide to know what women are really thinking, so maybe they should think twice before acting like one of the guys described in the book. And for women, it is a helpful guide to keep you away from the guys who aren't treating you the way you should be treated in a loving relationship. For women, this book is an upper more than anything. It is very reassuring when it comes to complimenting women on their fun, sexy, amazing features that we don't get complimented on nearly enough times throughout the day/week/month/year. Everyone should read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment