Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Subtle Knife: His Dark Materials

This second book in the series was a quick and easy read. Before I knew it, I was more than halfway through the book! It was a good transition book while still adding more mystery to the series overall. I have no idea how this series will end, and I love that! It is refreshing not to be able to guess what will happen in the last book based on the first ones in the series. So many times a series will follow a certain path that eventually becomes predictable. I do enjoy when my predictions are incorrect because it means I didn't think outside of the box enough. When I am right, I feel empty because it means the author did not think outside of the box enough. I am certainly looking forward to seeing how this series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment